Apply to become a Builder or Developer/Housing Provider Partner
HLC seeks to increase the housing supply in New Zealand by initiating housing development projects on under-utilised Crown land.
HLC is committed to the delivery or enablement of over 50,000 houses over the next 10-15 years through the sale of over 1,200 clean, clear, serviced superlots that are ready to build on.
The resulting relationships from this process will transfer across to the Housing and Urban Development Authority when established.
In order to achieve these ambitious targets, HLC is seeking to engage with builders and developers/housing providers through the establishment of two partner groups.
- “Developers/Housing providers” i.e. parties intending to acquire an interest in land and develop in accordance with a Development Agreement with HLC;
- “Builders” i.e. parties intending to build houses under construction agreements with HLC but who are not intending to acquire an interest in land (this applies to the Tamaki Project).
HLC’s timeline for the initial establishment of the groups is set out below:
- Milestone Anticipated date
- ITP opens 22 January 2019 (Tue)
- Deadline for responses 14 March 2019 (Thurs)
- Evaluation period ends 30 April 2019 (Tues)
- Respondents notified of initial member selection 16 May 2019 (Thurs)
Please apply to become a partner online
To apply to be part of either or both of these groups, please respond by completing the form online. This should take around an hour to complete.
You may require the following documents
- Current financial status
- Organisation structure
- Organisation’s history
- Project 1 supporting info
- Project 2 supporting info
- Project 3 supporting info
HLC’s Design Guidelines
HLC has an established set of design guidelines for the development projects we masterplan and manage. These guidelines guide our own organisation and our delivery partners, with the aim of ensuring that the built environment we deliver facilitates positive social outcomes. They demonstrate best practice design so that all parties involved know what is required to meet our core objective of creating neighbourhoods that support the wellbeing of our communities. Questions in relation to the ITP should be made using email@example.com.